About Us

Read about our company history. Please let us know if have any quesitons.

 

About Us:

Over 65 Years

demoMcCord Communications has been in business for over 65 years.

Contact Us:

Need more info?

demoContact us today for more information on our products and services.

Careers:

Join us

demoCheck our careers database for an exciting career with McCord Communications

 

McCord Communications Service Inc. is an Alabama corporation; the company was founded in 1947 by Clyde McCord. After completing duty in the Army’s Signal Corp during World War II, Clyde began a small shop selling and repairing home and auto radios.   Soon the television exploded into the market place and the business grew.   In 1957 the company installed its first Motorola two-way radio system and the future of the business was reshaped.  A move away from consumer products to commercial electronics would define the business for the next six decades.


After a protracted illness, Clyde McCord died in 1975. The family business continued with his son Mike McCord as President.


In the 1970s the company crafted small paging and car telephone systems for Gadsden and Anniston Alabama.  Later in the 1980s these single sites were wrapped into a regional network, providing a larger coverage area and more sophisticated features (no more operators).  During this time communication was becoming more popular in public safety, industry and business. A Motorola 2-way radio could be seen everywhere.


Today McCord’s designs, installs and maintains large commercial communications networks for police, fire, E911, industry and business.


In 1990 we installed our first outdoor warning system for Calhoun and Talladega Counties in northeast Alabama. This was the beginning of another product for the company. Whelen Outdoor Sirens have since become a major offering; currently we sell, install and/or maintain outdoor warning systems across the US and in 16 countries abroad.


In 2005 McCord Communications Inc. established an E.S.O.P. and began moving ownership of the stock to the employees. Effective late 2012 we are now 100% employee owned.


Since our inception as a ”one man” radio shop in 1947 the changes in technology are staggering but the basic concept of the business has not changed; to provide the latest in world class product and services to meet the needs of our customers.

 

 

 

Welcome
Welcome
Bookmark and Share